This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Mac OS X
- Browser(s) Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
- Java version(s): 7.0, 8.0
Pogo games not working in Chrome after Chrome browser update
Chrome browser versions 42 and above. Starting with Chrome version 42 (released April 2015), Chrome has disabled the standard way in which browsers support plugins. More info
Pogo games not loading due to Java security warning
February 10, 2015. Pogo has resolved the issue. » More info (help.ea.com)
Security warning appears: Java has discovered application components that could indicate a security concern
As of Java 7 Update 21, in some cases this warning is seen. When a Java program contains both signed and unsigned components, the Security warning dialog is displayed.
- Clicking Yes, may terminate the program.
- Clicking No, the application or applet continues to run.
For more information please see Mixed Code Protection Options in the Java Control Panel.
General tips to troubleshoot Pogo related issues
- Install the latest version of Java
- Restart your browser after installing Java to enable the new version
- Remove older versions of Java
- Enable automatic updates
The Java Update feature will ensure that you receive important security updates when they are released.
- Verify that Java is enabled in the browser to ensure that applets that use it will function properly
- Clear Java cache periodically
- Configure the settings of your firewall or anti-virus software
The most common problems are caused by settings of anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking or pop-up blocking software. To resolve these issues try to simply disable them and see if the problem goes away. If the problem goes away, then the next step is to figure out how to configure the software to still protect your system without preventing you from playing Pogo games. In this case, you should refer to the software’s manual or help files for detailed instructions on how to make the desired changes to the software.
- Use Java supported Web browsers
- Visit the Pogo website for more Java help and Pogo information
If you find these Pogo suggestions do not resolve your issue, please contact Pogo and request further assistance.